Friday, January 21, 2011

Ah Ha!

On New Years Eve I had a major Ah Ha moment.  You know, we all have those – Holy Crap! moments, that usually will stun us into action regarding one thing or another.  Well, mine happened while looking at a photograph.

Don’t we all love the digital age?  Pictures instantly through technology!  What an amazing time we live in.  We can snap a picture and instantly see it on our camera, and as soon as we slip that XD card into the computer tower we can see it on our big computer screens.  What fun times- NOT. 

New Years Eve I had the brilliant idea to have a silly face contest.  It was fun, and I got to see a new crazy side to some of my best friends.  Unfortunately for me, I got to see a side of me that was not cool, fun or silly.  It was, my Ah Ha! moment.



See this picture?  Of course you do.  It’s pretty eye catching.  My hubby’s best friend is making a pretty interesting face.  I believe he was a runner up in the contest.  But when I saw this picture for the first time I was horrified.  Horrified, because there in the background, clear as clear is my HUGE behind.  I literally threw up in my mouth a little bit.  I think the camera actually is focused on it, and not on our friend’s silly face.  YIKES!  You know that part of the Emperor’s New Groove where Yzma is changed into a kitten and says “Is that my voice?  Is that MY voice?!!”  Well, that’s what I was thinking about my butt when I saw it this picture the first time and now every time after.

I am very sorry to bring it to everyone’s attention.  Because, now when any one of you look at this picture that is probably all you’re going to notice, and I really do apologize.  But this was one of the things that stunned me into action, reminded me that I needed to do something.  I need to post it for me.  I need to post it as a reminder of what I’m going away from.  So as time goes by and I loose more and more weight, I will have my hubby take another picture of my behind.  And, I’ll give you all fair warning if I decide to post it.

No comments: