Thursday, January 10, 2013

NEW YEAR, NEW YEAR, Resolutions, blah, blah blah

I know it's been ages and ages since I've blogged.  I'm going to try not to beat myself up about it.

My pain levels have been outrageous, but going to water aerobics has helped.  I finally broke down and got a walker, so instead of pushing myself around in a a wheeled office chair, I now can get up and walk with something to hang onto.  It has a seat too, so I can sit down when I need too.  As hard as it was to come bring myself to buying one, it really has been a blessing.  Unfortunately, my walker doesn't have four wheel drive, or snow tires.  So, I haven't been able to go to the pool since it really snowed and iced over.  I didn't want to risk falling because I don't need to be any more messed up than I already am.

Since I haven't been going to the pool, I started putting weight on.  I don't know how much of that is because I haven't been able to really exercise, or the fact that the holidays were around.  I gained at least 10 lbs.  Not good.  Mom Lea and I pinky swore at New Years and made a deal that we would each lose at least 50 lbs by my birthday in June.  This is a very achievable goal.  But to add even more incentive, if I lose the 50 lbs, I will be able to get my hips replaced, and then in the fall will take a cruise to Hawaii instead of waiting until next year.  Since I didn't get out of Juneau last year, and we've been getting all kinds of awesome cruise deals in the mail, this is apparently just the incentive I've been needing.

I was thinking about signing up for weight watchers since that has worked for me in the past, but I really didn't want to spend the money.  Then I remembered Lose It!  It's a free service online that helps you track calories and exercise.  And since that is the part about weight watcher I really like, I figured I'd give it a shot again.
In addition to loose it I read this article on how to lose weight without exercise.  It made a lot of sense and was a really good reminder.  I need to slow down, pay attention to my body.  Eat when I'm hungry.  If I think I'm hungry, take a drink of water and wait 15 minutes.  If I'm still hungry after 15 minutes, then eat.

Just since Monday, I have been tracking what I eat on lose it, and following these simple steps from the above article.  Eating what I'm craving (yesterday it was anything dairy so I must be lacking calcium) and I've already lost six pounds, and I'm well on the way to my birthday goal.  YAY!

Are any of you using Lose It?  If so, lets be friends on there and help each other out.

1 comment:

Meggan Hayes said...

I will be there in a few weeks and we can hang out and be healthy together (I am really trying not to gain any more weight this pregnancy). Awesome Goal!